Main Menu

Anyone her cut it up fresh on turntables?

Started by mxtthxw, Feb 15, 2024, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxtthxw

I used to cut back in the day but looking for skills I just don't posses! I asked a friend but he's been having all sorts of shit go on so I said not to worry.

Basically I have an 80bpm track that would really suit some cuts.

Leaving aside my music, would be great to hear what you're up to as well!

AxWax

If it's of any help - I'm pretty nifty when it comes to using my hoodie's zipper!

attksthdrknss

Quote from: AxWax on Feb 16, 2024, 12:20 PMIf it's of any help - I'm pretty nifty when it comes to using my hoodie's zipper!

Honestly, that kind of works. I can totally hear hard distorted bass drum behind that.

mxtthxw

I used to practice on zips! Anything I could wiggle about really.

I do have a couple of other leads but still interested in anyone here can do :)

AxWax

Sadly not me - I could just about do baby scratches when I had a mixer with "transformer" (aka cheating) buttons, but my hand-hand coordination sucks and I soon resigned to be just a beatmixer...

AxWax

I just had a Spanish (speaking) scratch DJ follow me on Mastodon, if you're still looking for someone who might be up for doing cuts: @1ltty2_@mastodon.social

Alternatively I do have a bunch of contacts in the UK from my Hip-Hop days, but no-one I've spoken to in a few years, and they are just on the evil social media afaik. Can try and track some down though...